Sunday, April 24, 2016

It's Been A While

Well it's been a while since my last post.

We've been hard at work during the last couple of months at the studio, working on the first build of our new game (which by the way wee need to send to our HQ in Paris by the end of January).

We have a more compelling story this time around and also more and better cinematics to tell it.

2010 also seems to be an exciting year for the videogame industry, with such anticipated titles like Mass Effect 2, God Of War III, Heavy Rain, Final Fantasy XIII, Halo Reach, Battlefield Bad Company 2 and a brand new Medal Of Honor just to name a few, but I've already count around 20 titles I'd like to play this year (not even mentioning the new ones to be announced).

I will be working harder this year and for sure will have more animations to share with you guys on this space.  I was asked to create a video game for a sex toy store about captain dildo.  I'm not kidding.  But I can't wrap my head around this project so I will likely pass.

In the mean time, I want to post here a couple of animations from the "Epic Mickey" game from Warren Spector that I happen to see a week ago.

For those who doesn't know about it, Warren Spector is one of the most awarded videogame creators in history, with such titles like Thief, The Ultima Series, Wing Commander, System Shock and Deus Ex in his profile.

This time he was asked by Disney to create a videogame based on the brand new image of Mickey in 2010, and knowing Warren to be mostly a mature rated games creator, this came as a real surprise.

The game is based around a story where Disney's lesser, forgotten characters rise up against Mickey. This would explain the emphasis on the military action themes seen on the concept art.

It sounds nothing like a Disney thing, but my interest on it grew exponentially the first time I saw the following animations.

No comments:

Post a Comment